Sunday, February 1, 2009

Canberra cool



OK, so that might be overstating it somewhat, but a few groovy goings on in Canberra have come to my attention last week and I thought I'd post them because they are quite exciting.




The first is the Canberra handmade market. I have been envious of Melbourne's Sisters Market, Perth's Upmarket and BrisStyle markets for a while, so I was stoked to hear that Canberra has its very own market for local designers to show & sell their wares! I'll be popping along next Saturday to check it out.




The second is the Mad Hatter's tea Party at DuJour restaurant in New Acton. It appears to be running every Sunday in Feburary and I'm sure will be set to rival the Afternoon tea action at the Hyatt. Boasting Flower Garden Cup Cakes, Queen of Hearts Tarts, Unbirthday Cakes, Cheshire Smiles shortbread, Jam Tomorrow Scones, Rabbit Treats, 'Off with your head' Pies, Rabbit Hole Sandwiches, Mad Hatter Pasties and iced champange. It all sounds quaint and a perfectly civilised way to while away and afternoon!
Being a high tea boffin, I hope to be able to check it out before the little bub arrives.




No comments: